Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Slapped in the face by technology...

So I read this AdAge story about how the CMO of Kodak, Jeffrey Hayzlett, uses Twitter a lot, and I happen to be beginning my experiment with Twitter (find me: EvansMcCan, for the documentary/photo work).  So I idly write, "Just started following Kodak's Jeffrey Hayzlett.  Wish I knew how to get his attention..." because we have been working on a project about White House press photography and its impact on the image of the President.  It's a perfect thing for Kodak to support (it's a documentary intended for public television), its a hot subject right now (after all, Damon Winter of The New York Times just won a Pulitzer for his pictures of the Obama campaign) and once, some time ago, we almost had them funding it.  It's just one of those matches that it's so, so ideal, so obvious, that it hurts.  And, frankly, as documentaries go, it's really cheap ... probably less than their ad agency paid for paper clips on the last campaign.

Anyway, I walk away from the computer (I don't have Twitter, or even texting really, on my phone yet) thinking no more of it, only to find a message when I return: "you got it, now what?"  Gak!  It's 4 hours old!  Gakgrgk!  So I answer, first forgetting I have only 140 characters and trying to outline the whole thing.  It dawns on me that only when I see "-240" in big red print on top.  

Man, this Twitter thing is something...


No comments:

Post a Comment