Friday, May 8, 2009

BOOM! Oh, did that disturb you?



The view from on our front porch towards Washington & Lee University during the annual Law School graduation fireworks show.  This happens every year at around 9 pm, and never fails to startle us.  This year, it went off despite a drenching downpour and thunderstorm.  If nothing else, those W&L kids are dedicated to their traditions ... and parties.

Shot with a Nikon D200 at 400 ASA.  A 1.6 second exposure (balanced on a window sill) at f/5.6.   In case you care...

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I love the title of that one. :) And it's gorgeous. I would love to have a beautiful picture like that... You're blog is wonderful. Keep updating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. A comment! Not used to that.

    Thanks for the compliment. Digital makes doing this sort of picture A LOT easier. Back when I started, you just exposed a whole roll of film and hoped you had one good frame of fireworks.

    I'm trying to keep this up. I decided to just keep on as if with an audience of thousands rather than four .. or five, I guess, if we count you besides the "followers"...

    ReplyDelete